Sunday 5 January 2014

Visio Services is unable to load

Error Message:

Visio Services is unable to load this Web Drawing because the Web Drawing URL web part setting is invalid. To resolve this issue, verify that the Web Drawing URL is properly formed and refers to an existing .VDW file.

Problem Description:

I found this error while adding visio webpart on SharePoint 2010 webpart page.
I got this error message because at the time of saving visio file  I kept by default extension i.e. “Drawing”.



Solution:

As shown in figure we need to change visio file extension as “Web Drawing”.
The Visio Web Drawing (*.VDW) is a new Visio file type that allows diagrams to be rendered in full fidelity in the browser using Visio Services on SharePoint 2010.

Product applies to:
SharePoint Server 2010


1 comment:

  1. As a Newbie, I am constantly exploring Online for articles that can be of assistance to me.Thank you
    sharepoint 2013 training

    ReplyDelete